Jump into the next evolution of Mario side-scrolling fun
Classic Mario side-scrolling gameplay is turned on its head with the addition of Wonder Flowers! These game-changing items trigger spectacular moments you have to see to believe. Witness pipes coming alive, wreak havoc as a giant spiky ball, and see even more unexpected events called Wonder Effects.
Choose from familiar characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi and Toad. Transform into Elephant Mario to use your trunk to trounce enemies with a surprising new Power-Up!
Team up with up to three friends locally and gather around one Nintendo Switch console to experience the game-bending Wonder Effects together as you tackle courses as a team, and help each other on your way to the goal.
- Expect the unexpected - Join Mario and friends on a new 2D side-scrolling adventure full of wonder! Surprises await around every corner in Super Mario Bros. Wonder on Nintendo Switch.
- One Day, in The Flower Kingdom... - Prince Florian has invited Mario and his friends to visit, but a familiar foe drops in uninvited! As his army crashes the party, Bowser steals a Wonder Flower and merges with Prince Florian's castle, transforming him into a floating fortress! As the power of the Wonder Flower quickly spreads across the kingdom, all kinds of weird and wonderful things start to happen. With the Castle Bowser now on the loose, it's up to the Mushroom Kingdom crew to save the day!
- A World of Wonder Awaits! - Every course contains its very own Wonder Flower - collect one, and anything can happen. From moving pipes to tilting terrain, bouncing Hoppos to stampeding Bulrushes, skydiving to spacewalks, you never know what'll happen next. You might even transform into something totally new! Wonder Flowers are often hidden away within courses, so keep your eyes peeled for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary!
- The Gang's All Here! - Pick your favourite and dive into the adventure. With 12 different characters to choose from, it's the largest line‑up in a Super Mario game yet!
- Mario & Friends - pick to play as Mario, Luigi, Peach and more! They all play in exactly the same way, so you can freely use your favourite character without having to worry.
- The Yoshis - a good choice for less experienced players, and in four different colours too! Yoshi is immune to enemy damage, can eat items and spit them out, and also performs a trademark flutter jump.
- Nabbit - Even Nabbit has come along for the adventure! Like Yoshi, Nabbit doesn't take damage from enemies, but is still susceptible to falling down pits and can't use Power-Ups as Mario and Friends do.
- Share The Fun - The world of Super Mario Bros. Wonder is even better when enjoyed with others! Play together locally or online and help save the Flower Kingdom from Bowser as a team, or enjoy enhancements to solo play by connecting online.
- Local Play (2-4 Players) - Gather up to three friends and have fun on one console! Play together co-operatively, reviving each other's ghosts in times of trouble, or even have Yoshi players give others a ride!
- Online Play (2-4 Players) - Create an online room for up to 12 players, then invite your friends in to join the fun! Play courses normally to collect Wonder Seeds together, or turn any course into a race and compete to see who can achieve the goal first.
- Connecting Online - When playing courses, you can encounter live player shadows and special standees placed by online players from around the world! Touch them to revive if you've become a ghost, or leave your own helpful standee behind for others to find. You'll earn Heart Points when you help someone else that's connected online!
- You've Got the Power! - On top of familiar favourites like the Super Mushroom, Fire Flower and Super Star, Super Mario Bros. Wonder throws some new Power‑ups into the mix! Get ready for a trio of new transformations that can help you take on Bowser and his minions.
- Elephant Fruit - Throw your weight around with this new transformation! Smash through blocks, flick away enemies, and even suck up and spray water with your trunk.
- Bubble Flower - Shoot glistening bubbles out in front of you, which can catch enemies or be used briefly as platforms to access out-of-reach areas.
- Drill Mushroom - Burrow through the ground (or into the ceiling) with ease. Use it to take out armoured and spiked enemies, or to avoid danger entirely!
- A Bounty of Badges! - Badges are the key to unlocking unique skills and rewards to use in each course. You can earn them by completing special Badge Challenge levels, or by picking them up from certain Poplin stores across the map. One Badge can be equipped in each course, even when playing as a team with friends. Experiment with different Badges on courses and see which one works for you!
- Action Badges - Those skillful add-ons grant special abilities that can really help with clearing courses. Get to grips with aerial gliding, enhanced wall-jumping, aquatic speed boosts, super high jumps and more!
- Boost Badges - These Badges will give you the useful bonuses. An extra Super Mushroom, bonus coins for defeating enemies, the ability to detect hidden items in courses... and that's just for starters!
- Expert Badges - If you want to really test your skills, then these badges are for you! Think you can complete courses when you can't stop dashing, or when you're totally invisible to everyone - even you?! Let's find out!