This download requires the full The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game to redeem.
Continue your Hyrule adventure
Extend your unforgettable adventure in Hyrule with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass. The Expansion Pass grants access to three new treasure chests and two DLC packs.
When you purchase the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests appear in the game's Great Plateau area. Inside one of these chests, Link will find a shirt bearing a familiar crest: the Nintendo Switch logo! The other two chests provide useful in-game items for Link's adventure.
The Master Trials - DLC Pack 1:
- Trial of the Sword - When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the power of the Master Sword will be awakened, and it will always be in its glowing powered-up state while usable.
- Hero's Path Mode - This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less travelled.
- Master Mode - In Master Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!
- Travel Medallion - Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.
- More Armour - There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armour themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.
- Korok Mask - The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.
The Champions' Ballad - DLC Pack 2:
- Players will tackle a never-before-seen dungeon, defeat enemies using the One-Hit Obliterator, and explore new shrines. Upon completing these tasks, Link will gain access to a powerful new way to travel: the Master Cycle Zero!
- Kass the Bard is on a quest to complete the missing verses of his teacher's unfinished song. Along the way, his original compositions will shed new light on the four Champions and Princess Zelda herself. Ah, but what could the unfinished song be about?*
- Nine new treasure chests have been added to Hyrule, each bearing a new piece of armour. These include armour based on previous The Legend of Zelda series games, such as the "Island Lobster Shirt," "Zant's Helmet," "Phantom Ganon Armour" and more!
- The Ancient Bridle and Saddle can also be found in hidden chests. The Ancient Bridle will increase the number of spurs a horse can use to speed up, while the Ancient Saddle can make it so a horse can be hailed from far away.
Download code can only be redeemed on one compatible console. Valid only with an Australian account. Please make sure you have enough space before downloading. If you have nearly exceeded the system storage on your console you may require a compatible microSD card. Use of this download code requires internet access and acceptance of the user agreement applicable to the Nintendo eShop where you redeem this download code. To use the download code and online services you must have a Nintendo Account and accept the network related terms and privacy policies. A system update may be required to play.