500GB PlayStation 4 Console
- PlayStation®4 console
- DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller
- AC power cord
- HDMI cable
- USB cable
Gamer Focused, Developer Inspired
PS4 was designed from the ground up to ensure that the very best games and the most immersive experiences reach PlayStation gamers. PS4 accomplishes this by enabling the greatest game developers in the world to unlock their creativity and push the boundaries of play through a system that is tuned specifically to their needs.
PS4 also fluidly connects players to the larger world of experiences offered by PlayStation, across the console and mobile spaces, and PlayStation® Network (PSN).
The PS4 system architecture is distinguished by its high performance and ease of development. PS4 is centered around a powerful custom chip that contains eight x86-64 cores and a state of the art graphics processor.
The Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) has been enhanced in a number of ways, principally to allow for easier use of the GPU for general purpose computing (GPGPU) such as physics simulation. The GPU contains a unified array of 18 compute units, which collectively generate 1.84 Teraflops of processing power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two.
PS4 is equipped with 8 GB of unified system memory, easing game creation and increasing the richness of content achievable on the platform. GDDR5 is used for this memory, giving the system 176 GB/second of bandwidth and providing a further boost to graphics performance.
Designed by the most inventive minds in video games, PlayStation 4 will let game creators unleash their imaginations to develop cutting-edge experiences never before possible.
Ultra-fast processors, advanced graphics performance and unrivalled system memory. What does that mean for the games you'll play? They're bigger, faster, more innovative. And more than you ever imagined.
DualShock 4 - Complete Control
Interact with games in all the ways you're used to, and some you never expected. As well as more precise dual analog sticks and inbuilt motion sensors, DUALSHOCK®4 also includes touch controls and the innovative SHARE button.
SHARE button - Share the fun instantly
Use the SHARE button on DUALSHOCK®4 to share your gameplay videos and pictures in the blink of an eye. Stream your live gameplay to Ustream or record, edit and upload videos to Facebook in seconds.
PlayStation® App - Stay Connected with PlayStation
Chat with your friends, watch their latest gameplay videos and give them tips using the PlayStation® App for mobile and tablet devices.
*PS Vita sold seperately
Ever found yourself behind enemy lines in an epic battle, taking first place in a turbo-charged supercar, or locked into a thrilling cup final match against your bitterest rival – and someone needs to use your TV? With Remote Play* for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, you'll never have to worry again.
Play PS4 games on your PS Vita
Remote Play is the amazing feature that lets you continue your game on your PS Vita without missing a beat. Using your home Wi-Fi network, you can play a whole range of PS4 games on the crystal-clear 5-inch PS Vita screen, including blockbuster titles like Killzone: Shadow Fall, and KNACK.
As long as your PS4 is switched on and the two systems stay connected via Remote Play, every feature of an amazing range of PS4 games will be available to play on your PS Vita – including any online multiplayer modes as well as the full single player storyline experience.
Pairing your PS4 and your PS Vita for Remote Play is quick and easy – and you'll only have to do it once for the two systems to stay connected. Below is our quick-start guide to setting up Remote Play:
- First, sign in to your Sony Entertainment Network account on both your PS4 and your PS Vita using the same account details.
- Ensure that you're within Wi-Fi signal range so that a strong connection can be made between your PS4 and PS Vita systems.
- On your PS4, go to the Settings menu, select PS Vita Connection Settings, then choose Add Device – this will generate a unique code that you'll need for pairing the two systems.
- Next, on your PS Vita, open the PS4 Link app. This app will have been installed as part of the system software 3.0 update, so make sure your PS Vita is up to date. Choose Remote Play from the app, search for your PS4, then enter your code when prompted.
- Your PS4 and PS Vita will now be linked – anything that your PS4 displays will also be shown on your PS Vita screen. You'll need to keep your PS4 switched on and stay within Wi-Fi range to use Remote Play, but you're free to change the channel of your TV, or switch it off completely.
Now you're ready to unlock your PS Vita system's full potential and start playing PS4 games on the crystal-clear 5-inch display.
*High-capacity Internet connection required. Some games may not support this feature.
- PS4 promises games that can be experienced whenever, wherever and however you want, thanks to a system specially built to cater to the needs of the best developers in the world.
- You'll be able to play digital titles as they download from PlayStation Store, and update PS4 even when it is switched off.
- Immediately pick up any saved game where you left off – the "suspend mode" of PS4 gets rid of loading times and lets you carry on by simply pressing the power button.
- Gaikai technology will let you instantly try out sections of any game that catches your eye on PlayStation Store.
- Check out what your friends are up to and see the games, TV shows, movies and music recommended especially for you on the newly designed PS4 menu screen.
- Broadcast as you play via Ustream. If you get stuck, your mates can join in to help you or offer comments in real time.
- You can use a variety of applications, such as a web browser, while you play a game.
- Your favourite PS4 games will be playable on PlayStation Vita via Wi-Fi with Remote Play.
- Meanwhile, the new PlayStation App lets you turn your smartphone into a second screen – for example, to let you view a map or see how a friend is tackling the same part of a game