Grand Strategy on a Galactic Scale
Explore and discover a spectacular and ever-changing universe! Paradox Development Studio, makers of the Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings series, and publishers of the best-selling Cities: Skylines, presents Stellaris, advancing the genre of grand strategy to the very edges of the universe.
Paradox Development Studio is bringing the grand strategy genre to consoles with Stellaris: Console Edition. Featuring the same deep strategic gameplay, rich and diverse alien races and emergent storytelling, Stellaris: Console Edition puts the complexity of the galaxy at your thumbsticks.
- Behold the enormity of space with procedurally generated galaxies with an untold number of planets to explore.
- Encounter a myriad of wild, wacky, and dangerous alien races who may prove to be crucial trade partners or conquering forces hellbent on enslaving your civilization.
- Take on strategic space warfare and resource management to ensure the survival and advancement of your empire.
- Explore scientific anomalies and uncover technological wonders throughout the galaxy to mercilessly utilize them toward your own gains.
- Govern your own fledgling population and secure your power and agenda through manipulating internal policies, factions, traditions and more.
Console Edition Bonus Content:
Stellaris: Console Edition Expansion Pass One - Stellaris: Console Edition Expansion Pass One includes the Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack, and the Utopia Expansion for the explorer ready to take on even more.
- Classic Grand Strategy features of deep exploration through enormous galaxies and diplomacy with wildly varied alien races, all created with the procedural generation.
- Plantoids Species Pack - Meet a whole new kind of being with this cosmetic pack that features a plant-like species that has gained sentience and begun to spread its tendrils across the galaxy.
- Leviathans Story Pack - Encounter mysterious giants of space, unearth their powerful secrets, and reawaken an ancient war of galactic scale.
- Utopia - Utopia gives you new tools to develop your galactic empire. Build wonderous megastructures or collect unity point and adopt traditions to unlock Ascension Perks that allow you to give up your biological forms in a Synthetic Evolution, or unlock the full psionic potential of your species through Transcendence.
Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack - Space is lovely, dark and deep, but it has secrets it wants to keep. Rich systems defended by fierce creatures, hostile pockets of resistance to your civilization, and the sleeping giants of the universe – the Fallen Empires who may yet be stirred from their centuries-long indolence.
- Guardians - Powerful space entities with mysterious origins and motives. Fight or investigate them to unlock technologies and gain access to great treasures.
- Enclaves - Independent outposts of traders and artists who are willing to make a deal. Exchange resources, purchase information about the galaxy or commission a great work of art for your empire.
- War in Heaven - Where will your fledgling empire lie if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
Stellaris: Plantoids Species Pack - Plantoids Species Pack introduces a new phenotype for players with original art and animations. As the title implies, Plantoids will give Stellaris fans access to a plant-like species that has gained sentience and begun to spread its tendrils across the galaxy, planting the roots of new civilizations on new planets.
- Plantoids will include:
- Fifteen new species portraits (cosmetic)
- New templates for plantoid civilian and military ships
- New cityscape art
Introducing Multiplayer for Stellaris Console Edition - Now introducing multiplayer for the Stellaris: Console Edition! At last, players can match their strategy, management, and tactics with one another to colonize or conquer the galaxy. With the ability to start multiplayer sessions, continue sessions as a single player and even hotjoin a game already in progress, console players can finally get in on the multiplayer action!
- Play however you want - Experience a vast galaxy with up to 14 empires, and make it yours with up to 4 of your human friends.
- Save and load multiplayer games - Players can start multiplayer sessions with the option to continue in single player.
- Hotjoin a session - As an option, the multiplayer game can be joined by other players by pausing the game and allowing the host to accept or decline the request. Once accepted, the new player can choose to play as any empire already in the game.
Stellaris: Utopia major expansion - The stars have called you for millennia and now you walk among them. A universe of possibilities is open to your species as it takes its first fitful steps into the great unknown. Here you can turn your back on the divisive politics of the home planet. Here you can build something new. Here you can unify your people and build that perfect society.
Utopia is the first major expansion for Stellaris, the critically acclaimed science fiction grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio. As the title suggests, Utopia gives you new tools to develop your galactic empire and keep your people (or birdfolk or talking mushrooms) happy. Push your species further out into the galaxy with new bonuses for rapid exploration or stay closer to home before striking out against all who would challenge you.
Only in space can you build Utopia.
Utopia brings a host of changes to the core of Stellaris, including:
- Megastructures - Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
- Habitat Stations - Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
- Ascension Perks - Collect Unity points and adopt Traditions to unlock Ascension Perks that allow you to customize your empire in unique ways. Follow one of the three Ascension Paths and achieve Biological Mastery, give up your biological forms in a Syncretic Evolution, or unlock the full psionic potential of your species through Transcendance.
- Indoctrination - Influence primitive civilizations and make them adopt your ethics through the use of observation stations, preparing them for enlightenment or annexation.
- Advanced Slavery - Maximize the benefits of slavery by choosing specific roles for enthralled species. Have them serve other Pops as Domestic Servants, fight for your empire as Battle Thralls, or keep them as Livestock to feed your people.
- Advanced Governments - Adopt unique civics and authorities for your government. Play as a Fanatic Purifier and shun all diplomacy, become a Hive Mind to avoid political strife or create a multi-species empire born of Syncretic Evolution.