Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Deluxe Edition includes:
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
- Mutant Year Zero: Seed of Evil DLC (recommended: play post-main game)
Will you find Eden?
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is a tactical adventure game combining turn-based combat with real-time exploration, story, stealth, and strategy. Explore a post-human Earth where mankind has been eradicated by climate change, nuclear war, and pandemics. Will your team of mutants survive the Zone?
- Tactical strategy evolved - Jump between real-time exploration and a deep, tactical combat system at will.
- Explore a post-human Earth - Journey through a world of abandoned cities and an overgrown countryside as you unravel the story of what happened to our earth.
- Control a team of mutants - Talking animals and other mutants – these aren't your typical heroes!
- Master the stealthy approach - Real-time stealth allows you to sneak into enemy camps set up ambushes.
- Unlock mutations - Shape your characters by giving them unique mutations such as Stoneskin, Moth Wings, Hog Rush or Corpse Eater.
- Dynamic environments - Stay out of floodlights, hide from line of sight, or just blast down walls and create havoc!
Seed of Evil Expansion
The new expansion to Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden is called Seed of Evil, and it will expand the original game in multiple ways. The expansion picks up where the original game ended and offers hours of more gameplay, new locations to visit, expanded gameplay options, and a new Mutant to add to your party: Big Khan, the moose.
When a mysterious enemy with the power to control plants threatens the Ark, the Stalkers must use their fighting skills to defeat the enemy's minions, discover the enemy's true identity, and save the Ark. It is highly recommended that you complete the main story in Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden before playing Seed of Evil, due to story spoilers and the level range of the new content.
Seed of Evil brings a wide breadth of new content to Mutant Year Zero. Discover huge new maps, battle new enemies, improve your mutations, equip new gear, and face off against a vicious new adversary.
- Continue the main story - See what happens after the ending of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden. The lives of Bormin, Dux, Pripp and the others at the Ark continue. New events are unfolding as the weight of their new knowledge weighs down on them, and a new enemy appears from the shadows of the Zone.
- Meet Big Khan, a brand-new playable mutant - Buying the Seed of Evil expansion lets you add an entirely new Mutant to the team: Big Khan the moose. He is a veteran Stalker who has been exploring the Zone on his own in self-imposed exile. His size and strength make him an excellent fighter, capable of landing highly damaging critical hits against enemies. His unique mutations are Ground Pound and Flame Puke, attacks that make him effective at dealing with groups of enemies.
- A new threat rises - The Ark has become enveloped in mysterious roots, and many of its inhabitants seem different from their normal selves. Even the Zone Ghouls seem to have changed. This new menace threatens not only the Ark, but the entire Zone, and it’s up to your team of Stalkers to set things right! The new storyline in Seed of Evil offers new challenges in brand new maps. You will visit the Hall of Electric Coffins and the Mausoleum of Suburbia, to name a few. These areas are populated with new enemies, forcing you to rethink your regular tactics.
- Improve your mutations - We're introducing a brand-new mechanic in Seed of Evil that will allow you to upgrade and improve your mutations. Upgrade Bormin's Hog Rush to a Bear Smash for increased power, or change Corpse Eater to Corpse Feaster, so recovering HP no longer costs an Action Point. Dux' Moth Wings can be upgraded to Wings of the Sniper, which removes all range penalties from shots when flying.
- Retake lost territory - Zone Ghouls and Polis Bots are once again encroaching on places like the Spear of Heaven or the Sea Titans. This time they're stronger than ever and your Stalker team is tasked with clearing them out. Beware, though, the enemies are stronger than before!