*Note - A Nintendo Wii U Console is also required to play Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo Wii Games. (sold separately)
- Wii U GamePad (preowned) (colour may vary)
- AC adapter (preowned)
The Wii U GamePad is a new controller exclusively for Wii U, which removes the traditional barriers between games, players, and the TV by creating a second window into the videogame world.
- Motion controls - The built-in accelerometer and gyro sensor allows for intuitive motion controls
- Camera - This can be used in games and also for video chat between Wii U consoles
- 6.2-inch touch screen
- TV CONTROL Button - starts a TV remote application you can use on your TV at home
- HOME Button - If you press the HOME Button while playing a game you can choose to start a range of Wii U applications, without having to leave the game you are playing
- NFC Touchpoint - It's possible to read data from and write data to, certain items (Such as special cards) without contact, using the near-field communication technology built into the GamePad
- Left/Right Sticks - in addition to being able to push the sticks in any direction, you can also press them down to use them as buttons
- Size - Approximately 5.25 inches high, 1.6 inches deep (not including buttons and other projections) and 10 inches long.
- Weight - Approximately 1.1 pounds (500g), including battery and stylus.
- Screen - 6.2-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio LCD touch screen.
- Gameplay Inputs - The 6.2-inch touch screen, analogue L/R Sticks which can also be pressed to act as buttons, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y Buttons, L/R Buttons, ZL/ZR Buttons, + Button (START) and - Button (SELECT). Also features motion control powered by an accelerometer, gyro sensor and geomagnetic sensor.
- Other Inputs - POWER Button, HOME Button, SYNC Button, volume control (to alter the Wii U GamePad volume), TV CONTROL Button.
- Other Features - An inner camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, sensor bar and rumble feature. Supports NFC (near-field communication) functionality, allowing for electronic reading of data without contact.
- Audio Output - Stereo.
- Stylus - A Wii U GamePad stylus is included.
- Battery - The Wii U GamePad is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Battery Life - Approximately 3 to 5 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery life is a rough guide. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Wii U GamePad are used. The Wii U GamePad can be charged while in use by connecting it to the Wii U GamePad AC Adapter.
- Recharge Time - Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes.