No remarkable journey is achieved without great effort.
Outward is an open-world RPG where the cold of the night or an infected wound can be as dangerous as a predator lurking in the dark. Explore the vast world of Aurai, embark on memorable adventures alone or with your friends, and whatever you do: don't forget your backpack.
Outward offers an immersive RPG experience coupled with survival mechanics, as well as deeply rewarding challenges for the most avid gamers.
As an adventurer, the paths you can take are multiple. Choose wisely who you want to side with, and undertake crucial missions for your faction. Embark on risky expeditions across untamed lands to find hidden treasures, and explore even further to discover secret dungeons crawling with formidable enemies.
In order to survive in the dazzling yet deadly world of Aurai, you'll have to be clever... and prepared. Sharing your journey with a friend, locally or online, is greatly encouraged!
- Sometimes ordinary people can live extraordinary lives - You may not be demon-god or the chosen one from some long lost forgotten prophecy. But what you lack in divine powers you more than make up for with cunningness, determination and intestinal fortitude, and as such you must forge your path in the wilds as you explore the land. Eating, sleeping, hunting, resting and healing, and of course fighting! All the skills you will need to live the adventurer's life!
- Sharing is caring! - Single Player / Co-op / Split Screen! Rolling hills, expansive dunes, swamps, mysterious dungeons. Breath-taking for the beholder to see. And whilst single-player adventuring is at the very core of OUTWARD, the Developers thought 'why limit the enjoyment?' Players can if they desire double the fun (or double the trouble maybe more apt), and play together! Offering a unique player experience within this genre, why not venture forth cooperatively, and with Split-Screen locally or online!
- The choices you make are yours and yours alone - There is no safety net here! No turning back! Bucking the trend of 'freely saved games' to rely upon, OUTWARD encourages you to live with your actions, implementing a constantly saving world as you progress, character decisions become more significant & meaningful and the gameplay more challenging. Your life, your adventure, your actions and consequences!
- Ritualistic, step-by-step approach to spellcasting - One cannot run before walking. Magic resides within the very soul of the practitioner - but at a price, and there are rules and rituals to observe. Accomplished practitioners come into battle prepared. Magic and powerful abilities aren't simple to pull off, but they will turn the tides of battle in your favour
- High Replay Value - Outward will offer many possibilities to explore and travel around as desired, weaving the tapestry of your adventure as you proceed. Your choices and paths will enable high replayability value with a new experience beckoning you to jump right in.