Marking the series’ 35th anniversary, Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi remains true to the long-running franchise’s historical simulation gameplay; allowing players to relive some of the most epic battles and notable events of the Sengoku Era in Japan. The Sengoku Era was a period where regional lords fiercely fought for supremacy, to claim dominance and unite the lands. Players will have to exploit a wide breadth of tactical options to create fresh strategies that allow new ways to gain an advantage over the opponent. Strategies do not only focus on the Military Campaigns, but also on managing the Production Facilities and Trade Routes to continuously expand territory and increase the strength of the army.
- Opening up the series to new players, Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi focuses on lowering the entry level so that new players can dive into the Grand Strategy gameplay which the series is known for with ease.
- A massive array of over 2000 diverse characters are available to choose from; the most officers to appear in the series to date.
- Develop land and towns from sparsely populated or small towns into prosperous farming villages and bustling merchant cities! As their domain flourishes, players will be able to increase their trade routes and production facilities to increase their influence.
- Fulfil Ambitions with the Resolve System; each officer has their own set of aspirations that will depict how they will act in a given situation and gameplay will change accordingly, with new tactics needed to accommodate opposing or similar viewpoints. With the Resolve System officers will showcase a more human and personal feel, providing players a deeper insight into the historical simulation the series is renowned for.
- With the evolved battle system players can experience full-scale castle sieges and naval battles – as well as field battles bringing them closer to the battlefield for strategic advantage.